Tuesday, December 30, 2008

Wedding Vows

This poem was given to me and Cherylle by our good friend, Debbie Clement. Thanks Deb!

Wedding Vows

You are not the air that I breathe;
You are the sweet scent that drifts upon it

You are not the
sounds that I hear;
You are the music of my life

You are not the food that I need;
You are the nourishment of my soul

You are not my will to survive;
You are my reason for living


It is with you that I experience the wonders of the world

It is with you that I triumph over challenges in my path

It is your partnership that will lead me to the fullfilment of my dreams

It is your friendship that guides me as I grow and learn

It is your patience and wisdom that calms my restless nature

It is through you that I know my true self

I do not take you for granted,

I cherish you

I do not need you,

I choose you

I choose you today in witness of all the people who love us

I choose you tomorrow in the privacy of our hearts

I choose you in strength and weakness

I choose you in health and in sickness

I choose you in joy and in sorrow

I will choose you, over all others, everyday for all the days of my life

2 comments:

Anne Juan said...

so sweet oh!!! Sob sob sob. . . ;)

sakaigirl said...

touching poem^^ Happy Easter to both of you!